Created: May 18, 2019
Revised: May 21, 2019
We respect the privacy of our site visitors, customers and their users. We collect only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that is requested and only with their consent.
Information We Collect Automatically
- If you use VOICITY to create an Amazon Alexa skill, Amazon automatically sends us (and we may retain) information about your users such as:
- userId: A string that represents a unique identifier for the user who made the request. The userId is automatically generated when a user enables the skill in the Alexa app. This is not the same as the username of the Amazon account. It is a randomly generated string uniquely identifying a user per skill.
- date and time of the request within the skill
- type of service intended, e.g., calling a city department.
- Analytic information such as number of unique customers, sessions, intents, skill activations, etc.
- If you visit https://InstantAlert.io, the contact management and alerting service owned and operated by DILLI LABS LLC and used by VOICITY for personal emergency notifications through the Amazon Alexa skill, or if you visit https://voi.city, the web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time, you access this site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to this site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to improve the skill and website(s) by analyzing usage or to provide personalized services such as emergency notifications to subscribed users only.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security and law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about your users when they use the skill or the website, unless they choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you or your users choose to identify yourself/themselves (or otherwise provide us with their personal information) when you use the Amazon Alexa skill or while interacting with the websites:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to fulfill the entire request or parts of it.
- If their communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
Personal information may be exchanged or stored with the following third parties that are used to support the VOICITY system:
How Long We Keep Information
Information automatically passed to us by Amazon via the Amazon Alexa skill is persisted indefinitely. Same is true for the information passed by the web browser when visiting https://InstantAlert.io or https://Voi.City.
Personal information passed via the Amazon Alexa skill such as name, phone, email address and full address is not persisted in either our logs or the database. It is fetched from Amazon on-the-fly only after the user consents to providing it in order to fulfill the request. We do not maintain any records of this personal information in our logs, database or other persistent storage.
Contact information on InstantAlert.io, will be persisted in our database for as long as the user wants until they decide to delete them from InstantAlert.io.
Personal information included in emails to us may be persisted for an indefinite period.
We may retain personal account information such as your email address, name and password used to sign-up with our Help Center and the details of the support tickets filed indefinitely.
Applicable to InstantAlert.io and Voi.city websites only. Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
Applicable to InstantAlert.io and Voi.city only. For site security purposes this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system—or its supporting hardware or software—may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.